Artist Apprentice Interns
Position: Artist Apprentice Intern
Application Deadline: Monday, February 18, 2019
Applications are now available for artists interested in working at Young Audiences’ 2019 Summer Arts & Learning Academy (SALA) as Artist Apprentice Interns.
Through this unique apprenticeship, interns are able to learn from the best teaching artists in the state. Interns build valuable teaching skills and help to nurture the strengths and growth of Baltimore City students through active engagement during SALA classes. While interns are not responsible for formal lesson planning, they are an integral part of the classroom. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Working side-by-side with a professional teaching artist, communicating ideas, questions, and concerns
- Serving as a positive role model to students
- Fully engaging in activities alongside students
- Providing individual and behavioral support to students
- Jumping in with any helpful advice as the project goes along!
Most interns work from 12:30-3:30 pm each day, but a limited number of all-day slots (8:30 am-3:30 pm) are also available. Interns earn $15/hour.
Please note: Young Audiences/Arts for Learning is willing to work with students’ college career centers to help them develop college credit.