About This Program
Tiny Playwrights residency participants will use props and graphic organizers to collaboratively create an original story with a beginning, middle, and end. Students will then add dialogue to transform their story into a play. Participants will use story elements: character, setting, conflict resolution and playwriting elements of dialogue, antagonist, and protagonist.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backward’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen