About This Program
Rhythm, Rhyme, and Poetry
Available as a Virtual Program
During this residency, students will learn rhythm, rhyme, and poetry while using figurative language as tools of literary expression in the form of spoken word and Hip Hop lyricism. In addition to increasing literacy and understanding of context, spoken word poetry lends to the performing arts and builds confidence in public speaking.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.