About This Program
Puppets Go Wild! Reconnecting to Nature
Students explore one of Maryland’s natural areas -wetlands, the bay, etc.- in Puppets Go Wild! Reconnecting to Nature. Using recyclable shapes to make the plants and animals that live in these delicate ecosystems, students will visually bring this world to life.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backward’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- Kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"What impressed us the most was Carolyn’s ability to bring out the creativity in our students."
"She had a strong voice and a good understanding of the audience needs…kept the children's attention!"
"Inspired the students to problem-solve and use creativity."