About This Program
Available as a Virtual Program
Why Parody? We love to create parodies! Students that aren’t inspired by fractions, Maryland history, or earth science will come alive when they can use their knowledge creatively. How Can I Use Parody Songwriting in the Classroom? Parody songwriting is best used to help students retain knowledge that they’ve recently learned. It’s a great project to use at the end of a unit: the students will review all the information as they write. Songwriting is an exercise in collaboration. Students learn to share, collaborate, compromise, and offer useful critique.
*All workshops longer than 90 minutes include an orientation meeting.
- Customized arts-integrated PD for grades 3-5
- You choose the curriculum topic: a unit from science, history, reading, etc.
- 3-6 workshops per classroom
- A culminating concert for classes to perform their parodies
- Reinforces many language arts skills in addition to topical curriculum