About This Program
Play and Tell Folk Tales from Around the World
During this storytelling residency, students play with instruments and touch artifacts from small villages all around the world and learn to tell a traditional folk tale as a collaborative team or as an individual. Arianna specializes in folk tales from India, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, Ireland, and Russia. Through the art of play, students can deepen their understanding of story sequencing; increase their language development; expand their knowledge of other cultures, and improve their ability to work as a team. Students develop their own performance, incorporating two or three folk tales that they have learned.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"Watching the children put all their energy into a drama was so perfect! They were able to truly show their emotions."
"Arianna brings the perfect amount of scholarship, art, and fun that inspires all students to achieve great things. They are so proud of their final products, and they should be!"
"Arianna’s use of humor, art, music, movement, and literature involved all of our students. The variety ways that students participated in the storytelling engaged their imaginations and strengthened their listening skills."