About This Program
Paint Your Space! A Collaborative Student Mural
How can artists communicate with others through a space? Public murals have the ability to represent and “speak” about the communities they exist in. In this residency, students learn how color, shapes, and lines can affect others’ moods and ideas. After deciding upon key words that represent their school (these could be values, promises, etc.) students then learn how to visually communicate those words. Through collaborative work, learning about different painting techniques as well as art elements, students will create a mural that embodies and personalizes the space the mural exists in.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.