About This Program
Outside the Box: Beatboxing 101
In this music-focused residency, students learn the fundamental techniques of the vocal art form called beatboxing. In Outside the Box: Beatboxing 101, students learn to make drum sounds, sound effects, and emulate various instruments, bringing all of these pieces together into a beatbox performance! Creative collaboration is emphasized throughout the workshop.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"He was AMAZING! The kids LOVED and LEARNED so much! He is an arts integration master!"
"The entire school could not get enough of Max Bent's show. I think the parents were skeptical to have a beat boxer entertain and educate the students, but word spread like wildfire that his performance was amazing!"
"Not only is Mr. Max a compelling performer, but he is a truly gifted teacher. Max's musical skill level was extremely high, and he spent a lot of time teaching the students, even before the show."