About This Program
Life is Improvised!
Students will explore the key improv elements–Listen, Agree, and Add–during this improv residency. In Life is Improvised, students will learn the basics of improv, including creating solid scene work, active listening, and fun characters. Through it all, the students will see their self-confidence increase while exploring their own creativity and how group trust and teamwork make for amazing and hilarious improv theater.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
BIG was WONDERFUL! Students moved through the process of learning about Improvisation to performing student-led improv skits during the program. I was able to see them applying the skills of problem-solving, collaboration, teamwork, and perseverance. Bridget and Michael were amazing with the students. They created a climate where students felt safe to take risks in expressing themselves and were accepting of various ideas and perspectives.
Performing improv with BIG is hilarious! I love to watch my friends perform funny characters in improv scenes.
My favorite part was performing for my classmates. I liked to make them laugh.