About This Program
Leap into Imagination!
Students explore the signature movement style of Synetic Theater in Leap Into Imagination, a versatile, custom-designed theatre residency that suits your students’ learning. Synetic offers a unique and cross-cultural type of theatre that incorporates dance, body awareness, storytelling, music, and mime. At the end of the residency, students come away with a presentation that exemplifies the discipline, dedication, body control, and creativity they have gained through the project that stays with them throughout their lives.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"The students still remember you, you know. You've been such a great help, and the timing of your lesson really is perfect as we are also trying to introduce emotions to our students. The colors that we used for the different emotions are now being used in class to portray how they feel. My students will now be using an Emotions Board as part of their supplementary aids. Thanks to you, we have learned a technique on how to present it back to them."
Sy Piecco, Edelweiss, Special Educator at William S. Baer School