About This Program
Fables in Movement
In the residency Fables in Movement, students explore the three elements of Synetic Theater’s style of physical theatre: movement, acting, and pantomime. Following a workshop in each discipline, students will work in groups to choreograph selected fables.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"The entire student body and teachers were able to appreciate the theater art form in a whole new and exciting way, with the students benefitting from the cumulative hands-on experience. All students and teachers involved in the residency were engaged and enthusiastic and gained a wealth of knowledge from the performers. The entire school population benefited from exposure to a different art form than is in the current arts curriculum offered at the primary level. The gentlemen at Synetic were engaging, professional, and kept our students' rapt attention as they navigated through theater concepts. Teachers and students alike were very inspired by Synetic's abilities as performers as well as instructors."
Kelly, PTA, Kent Island Elementary