About This Program
Creating a Rhyme through Engineering Design
Every session with Bomani begins with a music video he created which makes a connection with the Engineering Design Process. Students are asked to answer four questions about themselves before meeting Bomani so that they are prepared to work on building an understanding of creating lyrics using themselves as the subject. The students follow Bomani’s step-by-step model of building of skills by using a rhyme tree, lyric rhyming template, and a lyrics rhythm measuring worksheet. By the end of this music residency, each student will have built a set of lyrics explaining one aspect of the Engineering Design Process.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"Bomani was OUTSTANDING, today! The kids loved him, the second graders all lined up to take his autograph!"
"Positive, Motivating, Challenging. Bomani gave students the power of language."