About This Program
Creating a Funky Classroom Community
Hip Hop dance is a powerful tool that can be used to foster positive, healthy relationships between students. This dance residency explores fundamental movements of both Hip Hop dance and Funk dance styles. Students participate in both choreography and freestyle to learn the importance of positive language, encouragement, perseverance, and risk-taking.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"I love this dance group. It’s not like the other dance groups. We don’t just dance, but we have many good/positive relationships."
"BDCP rocks! They are leaders, self-builders, empower the children, parents when we are not on the road with them, they encourage the children to do better in all areas of life. They are just the best!"