About This Program
Capoeira Speaks: Dancing for Social Intelligence and Life Success Skills
Did you know that over 90% of communication is non-verbal? Through the Capoeira Speaks residency, students will strengthen non-verbal skills through the body language of the African-Brazilian martial arts called Capoeira Angola. Capoeira Speaks is well-suited for inclusive settings and those with behavioral, social, emotional and/or physical disabilities.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- Kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"Skher was very engaging and you kept us smiling and laughing. It was fun!"
"I loved it! I’ve now taken a liking to this because of Baba Skher. It actually makes me want to learn it."
"I liked the performance and I like how the instruments were played with simple rhythms."