About This Program
The Student Performance Studio
In The Student Performance Studio, students learn the elements of theatre using “The Actor’s Toolkit” which incorporates the use of the Body, Voice, Focus, Concentration, Cooperation, and Imagination. Each student then demonstrates their understanding about a teacher given topic through personal expression and performance.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"She was very enthusiastic and got the children involved in her storytelling."
"Debra is such a powerful storyteller. Her beautiful voice and her interaction with the audience was superb! One of the parents attending the show said they would enjoy listening to her read from the phone book. Debra Mims is so expressive. You can tell she loves storytelling and children!"