About This Program
Architects of Writing and Performance: Playbuilding for the Classroom
Workshop participants will explore and engage in a variety of writing styles and theatrical skills while building an ensemble and creating a collaborative performance piece. Architects of Writing and Performance: Playbuilding for the Classroom will be based on a theme that is set by the ensemble and approved by the classroom teacher. The teaching artist will guide the students through writing and dramatic experiences that are centered on the theme for the purposes of creating performance material.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- Kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.