About This Program
A Taste of Storytelling
Discover what it takes to perform a story from memory in a Taste of Storytelling. Students learn specific storytelling techniques that they can use in the future to give a speech, tell a story, or even perform in a play. During this storytelling residency, students create the structure for an entire story that they can share with a friend or at a performance venue.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
- A kick-off assembly
- A required orientation meeting and planning session
- A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
- A student culminating or sharing event
- An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
- Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
- A set of workshops ($100 each)
- A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
- An evaluation meeting ($100)
- Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
"Watching the children put all their energy into a drama was so perfect! They were able to truly show their emotions."
"Arianna brings the perfect amount of scholarship, art, and fun that inspires all students to achieve great things. They are so proud of their final products, and they should be!"
"Arianna’s use of humor, art, music, movement, and literature involved all of our students. The variety ways that students participated in the storytelling engaged their imaginations and strengthened their listening skills."