Awardees of the Spring 2016 Access For All Initiative Announced!
Principals have TIGHT budgets. We strive to make our arts experiences as inexpensive as possible so we can bring them to as many schools and children as we can. And thanks to generous support from donors, Baltimore City Public Schools and the Baltimore Office of Promotion and The Arts, our Access For All grants make Young Audiences artists and programs available to city public schools at up to 80% off.
The Spring 2016 Access For All Awardees are…
- Rognel Heights Elementary/Middle
- George McMechen High School
- Coldstream Park Elementary/Middle
- Empowerment Academy
- Medfield Heights Elementary
- Dickey Hill Elementary/Middle
- Wolfe Street Academy
- Creative City Public Charter School
- Thomas Johnson Elementary/Middle
- Arundel Elementary/Middle
- Franklin Square Elementary/Middle
- Armistead Gardens Elementary/Middle
- Rosemont Elementary/Middle
Why is this grant is so important?
Last year we were given the opportunity to have an assembly about the history of hip hop dance. It was incredible. Our students left this assembly empowered, talking for days about the things they learned.”
– Anne Barron, (title), Rognel Heights Elementary-Middle
I love drawing and creating images of mystical characters. My teacher allows me to be as expressive as I want to be.”
“I’m more focused and calm when I am drawing a picture or working on an art project. All of the distractions around me don’t exist at that time.”
– 5th and 7th grade students, Coldstream Park Elementary-Middle
At MHES, we fully believe in the power of the arts to enhance and even transform young lives. Grant programs like this help us provide essential enrichment programs for our students, which we might not otherwise be able to offer.”
– Erin Jakkowski & Tony Tsendeas, PTO Representatives, Medfield Heights Elementary-Middle
If you believe that all kids in Baltimore City deserve arts programming, your donation will help us award even MORE grants in the Fall! Contact Jennifer Andiorio at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about the possibilities!