Bomani’s residency walks students through the exciting world of hip-hop songwriting while writing verses about subjects they study in class. Students receive in depth instruction on elements of creative writing, using simile, metaphor and rhyme to structure a song written in the pattern of a well-written essay.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
Audience Limit: 25 students per classroom
Program Length: NA
Appropriate for Grades: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade
Assembly Price: $410
Assembly Back-to-Back Price: $510
Workshop Cost per Day: $100 per session
Workshop Materials Fee: NA
Travel Fee: Mileage fee may apply
Sound system needed for kick-off assembly, if possible.
Bomani was OUTSTANDING, today! The kids loved him, the second graders all lined up to take his autograph!
Claudia, PTA representative, Rolling Knolls Elementary
Positive, Motivating, Challenging. Bomani gave students the power of language.
Jennifer, Teacher, Scholars K-8