Artist: Curtis Blues
Exploring History, writing songs and performing authentic American blues Curtis uses instruments from the of 1920s and 30s to make American History, Language Arts, and the fundamentals of music come alive. Students write and sing their own songs in the blues form, and enter the world of the founders of modern popular music.
Typically, residencies range from $2,000 to $3,000, but we can use your available budget and ‘work backwards’ to create a cost-effective residency for your school. We may be able to assist you in securing grant and funding opportunities.
Residencies are tailored to your needs but usually include:
• A kick-off assembly
• A required orientation meeting and planning session
• A set of workshops for classes of up to 25 students each
• A student culminating or sharing event
• An evaluation meeting
For a rough estimate, residency prices include:
• Artist assembly (see artist’s page for pricing)
• A set of workshops ($100 each)
• A required orientation meeting and planning session ($100 each)
• An evaluation meeting ($100)
• Mileage and supply costs depend on artist location and the residency chosen.
Audience Limit: 25 students per classroom
Program Length: 3 (minimum) to 5 (ideal) sessions per classroom
Appropriate for Grades: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade
Assembly Price: $530
Assembly Back-to-Back Price: $730
Workshop Cost per Day: $100 per session
Workshop Materials Fee: NA
Travel Fee: Mileage fee may apply.
Curtis had great rapport, energy, enthusiasm, and a love for his subject.
Jane, Teacher, Gilman School Lower
What a kind and wonderful person Curtis Blues is! He has so much valuable information for the kids to learn. He kept the children so engaged while learning!
Tammy, PTA, Bodkin Elementary
Curtis made a history lesson come alive with music!
Elaine, Sharp Leadenhall